A little window into my world

Saturday 23 October 2010

Fashion's Night In

I'm beginning to get really excited about vogue.com's 'Fashion's Night In' that is happening on November 1st. Following the success of Fashion's Night out in September, Vogue.com are bringing us all the best of online shopping with a "night of exciting and exclusive digital fashion events". As well as shopping, there is access to expert style advice, bespoke films and goodies bags are up for grabs. Its not all about indulging ourselves either, the night is raising money for KidsCo.which works therapeutically with vulnerable children and young people. A little less guilt from spending those last few pennies? I think so.

At the moment I am actually writing my dissertation about the use, development and future of online and digital shopping and how it may change the face of the high street. I have been busy writing theories, reading articles and industry reports, and had been beginning to bore of it, but this has actually got my quite engaged again. Its not so much the shopping but what Vogue.com is doing with it. The live event gives the shopping experience a more exciting feeling and with so many collection launches and new online retailers to discover its going to be good. Some of my favourite to look out for include; Belle and Sue., Cult Beauty, Fashion Bloodhound, Fox and Squirrel, Liberty and Think Boutique.

There is going to be something for everyone. I am planning on getting the girls round, opening some wine and spending a bit more of my student loan, ohh yess! If you haven't heard about it please visit www.vogue.co.uk to find out more. Happy shopping.

-Rhianna.